Supported by the French Voluntary Contribution, this third edition will be organized by SPA/RAC in partnership with AAO/BirdLife in Tunisia, and other regional partners, including Tour du Valat, ISPRA, IUCN-Med, BirdLife International, from 13 to 15 February 2024 in Djerba, Tunisia.
Objectives of the 3rd Edition:
- Provide a platform for researchers and ornithology experts to share their latest findings, experiences, and exchange ideas.
- Discuss current issues, challenges, and the state of knowledge regarding threats to marine and coastal bird populations.
- Explore Mediterranean strategies, action plans and projects to mitigate these threats, ensuring a sustainable future for bird species.
- Identify research gaps and areas for future study, enhancing our understanding of the ecology and conservation of marine and coastal birds.
- Networking and Collaboration: Create opportunities for networking and building partnerships to facilitate the development and implementation of effective conservation strategies.
Themes covered by the symposium:
The 3rd edition of the bird symposium will address the following themes, to be covered during oral and poster sessions:
- The Audouin’s Gull and its International Single Species Action Plan
- Conservation of Coastal Birds in the Mediterranean
- Conservation of Mediterranean Seabirds Offshore
- Demography of Mediterranean Marine and Coastal Birds
- Monitoring and Assessment Across the Mediterranean
For more information about the symposium: https://act4med-marinebirds.org/
To join the event and submit an abstract please register on the following link: https://act4med-marinebirds.org/registration/